The main program for 6th MIM Pan-African Malaria Conference is available at the Medical Research Council website: http://mim2013.mrc.ac.za/programme.htm. We will be using
#MIM2013 to share tweets. The conference runs from 6-11 October 2013 in Durban, South Africa. There will be a variety of presentation formats including Plenaty sessions, symposia, parallel scientific sessions and poster sessions/exhibits. Many partners will be hosting special events.
Plenaries will highlight the current status of malaria intervention as well as look toward the future. In that vein several sessions address malaria elimination as for example …
- Plenary Lecture VII by Prof Alan Magill “Strategies for realising malaria elimination and eventual eradication”
- Plenary Lecture V by Dr Robert Newman“From a one-size-fits-all to a tailored approach for malaria control and elimination.”
- Symposium 19: Targeting malaria elimination in Zanziba. Prof Anders Bjorkman
- Symposium 58: Malaria eradication: identifying and targeting the residual parasite pool Mr Simon Kunene
- Symposium 41: The final decade of malaria in Africa: planning for the endgame
There are sessions on case management issues ranging from severe malaria to better diagnostics. The role of the private sector is addressed. Vector biology and entomology are featured.
Not only will there be formal media coverage of events, including interviews with key players in malaria control and elimination, but the Roll Back Malaria partnership is mobilizing its Working Group members and partners to provide a full range of social media exposure for MIM events on Facebook, twitter and various blogs. Keep your eyes on this page for the latest updates as news is being released.